All about this trip
Ultimate Mera Peak Expedition is the highest of the designated trekking peaks in Nepal. Its altitude rises to 6,461m with amazing views of five of the world’s 8000-meter peaks: Mt. Everest, Kanchenjunga, Makalu, Lhotse and Cho Oyo from the summit. This makes Mera Peak a great challenge but one that’s more than achievable.
Mera Peak lies in the Mahalangur section in the Makalu Barun National Park, situated in the Solukhumbu district of Nepal. There are three main summits of Mera Peak: north (6,476m), central (6,461m) and south (6,065m). Col. Jimmy Roberts and Sen Tenzing were the first people to ascend the Mera Central on 20th May 1953. Trekkers require special permits to enter the Makalu Barun National Park and to climb the peak. EverTrek takes care of this for you.
The Ultimate Mera Peak expedition begins with an exciting 40-45 min flight to the mountain airstrip of Lukla (Labelled the most dangerous airport in the world). The trek winds it’s way through forests of rhododendron, pine and bamboo, taking a longer, less trodden trail that gradually passes through the beautiful landscape of the Hinku Valley up to Mera Peak. You will fall in love with the most incredible mountain views, sample the local Sherpa culture and lifestyle and get to experience a real Himalayan expedition.
Climbing Mear Peak is physically demanding due to its altitude, but not technically difficult. We plan these trips at times of the year where the you will have the best chance of summiting the peak. Spring (March-May) and Autumn (September-November) are the best times to climb the Mera Peak in terms of weather, visibility and the trails.
Note: As a responsible trekking agency, your safety is our top priority. During the trek, the team leader or guide assigned to your group is the person responsible for your safety. These team leaders are also strictly instructed to follow the provided itinerary. However, in case of unfavorable situations like poor weather, bad health of a group member or unforeseen natural disasters, the team leaders or guide hold every authority to alter the itinerary provided to you. In such a situation, we expect and request you to be flexible and cooperative
FREE equipment hire on all Nepal holidays!
Already booked on this holiday? Or looking to book on one of our departures in 2018 or 2019? ALL customers can opt to use free hire of a sleeping bag, duffel bag and down jacket worth £110 – when reserved before your departure date.
Book NOW, save money and help support a country we love. View offer details
Join us on the Ultimate Mera Peak Expedition
- Climb a Himalayan Peak reaching an altitude of over 6000m with spine-tingling views.
- Our Team in Nepal have been guiding to Mera Peak since 2001.
- You stay in comfortable lodges (or “Tea Houses”) on the trek and looked after by our finest cooks whilst camping
- We take special care of our porters & guides. They are probably the best equipped in Nepal.
Your kit bag is carried for you, so you only need carry daypack
- include all permits
- You can take advantage of our free duffel bag, down jacket and sleeping bag for the trek.
The Ultimate Mera Peak Expedition is a tough and arduous trek and climb. It is meant to be challenging. You must be a fit, regular hillwalker to take part, used to long, consecutive days walking in the British Mountains, preferably in Winter. You should have experience of walking steep, boulder-strewn paths where the use of hands has been essential to scramble upwards over rocky steps. Previous experience of Himalayan trekking is preferable, but not essential as long as you are a very regular and committed hill-walker. As this route takes you over remote high passes and a Himalayan peak, experience of having been to 5000-metres before is ideal.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. However, you can also view our Recommended Equipment for this trip »
Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off service in a private vehicle
- 3 nights accommodation in the excellent Apsara Boutique Hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- Full day guided city tour in a private vehicle
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurants with traditional, ethnic music and dance
- Airport transfer for domestic flight
- Trekking permit and TIMS permit
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight tickets
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek/climb
- All accommodation whilst on trek/climb (Lodge/Tea house/tent)
- Fresh fruit after dinner
- 3 days on camp during the climbing
- One experienced Climbing guide for climbing section & One trekking guide for trekking Section
- Everest National Park Permit/ trekking & TIMS Card
- Mera Peak Special Climbing Permit
- Porters (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local and government taxes
- Down jackets and sleeping bags (if required)
- Duffel bag if required
- EverTrek mountain Goody bag
- Oximeter & Heart Rate Monitor– To calculate Oxygen Levels and Heart rate to help with Altitude
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- International flight to Kathmandu
- Nepal arrival visa($40)
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other special meals
- Personal expenses including mineral water, and alcoholic drinks and beverages
Climbing gear (Climbing rope, ice axe, ice crew and snow bar) We will help you to hire or buy these before or in Kathmandu)
- Tips for guides and porters
- Monument entrance fees
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter evacuation
- Any other extended trips and accommodation