All about this trip
Elbrus is the highest mountain in Europe and one of the “Seven Summits”. It is a formidable, yet achievable climb for anyone looking to really experience a high altitude expedition whilst taking on the highest peak in Europe climb. You will experience every type of landscape from Russian towns and valleys to Europe’s highest glaciers. Elbrus is located in the Caucasus mountains in Russia and has 2 summits, the Eastern and the slightly taller easter summit, which will be the one we will be climbing. The western summit tops out at 5642m.
Elbrus is a non-technical climb, but you will be using crampons, ice axes, and ropes on the glaciers, and you’ll be staying in hotels / mountain huts along the trail as well as expedition tents high on the mountain if needed. Our itinerary and route, alongside the southern part of the mountain, has been designed to give you the best possible acclimatisation, with several climbs of neighbouring peaks to ensure you feel great for summit day.
Join us on the Ultimate Elbrus Expedition
- Our Ultimate Elbrus trip offers the best acclimatisation and best chance of summit success for people of all abilities.
- Our Elbrus guides are highly training and experienced in getting people to the summit.
- You will stay in comfortable hotels and mountain huts all provided and set up by your team.
- Explore the less-visited parts of the Caucasus as we acclimatise before the summit push.
- If the weather is challenging, we get to go in a Snowcat up to the station prior to summiting! Pretty awesome!
When you book and become an EverTrekker, you are covered by our 'Awesomeness Guarantee'
The Ultimate Elbrus trip is a formidable, yet achievable climb. It's a non-technical climb, but you will be using crampons, ice axes, and ropes on the glaciers, so you will need to be fit and have experience trekking and hiking for multiple consecutive days.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Airport Pick-up/Drop-off and transfers around the Caucasus region
- All Hotel accommodation
- Elbrus region fees and permits
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the climb
- All accommodation whilst on climb (Huts/Tents)
- Experienced & qualified mountain guides and trekking guides and their expenses
- OVIR/Border Zone registration
- Russia Visa Support and invitation
- Ride in a Snowcat( Used in bad weather)
- EverTrek Trip Planner & Access to EverTrek Trip App
- EverTrek pre trip support
- EverTrekker T shirt & Neck Buff
- 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- International flights to Russia
- Russia arrival Visa and fees ($100)
- Meals in the city
- Personal expenses including mineral water, and alcoholic drinks and beverages
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter Evacuation
- Any Staff Tips
- Any trip add-ons or additional accommodation nights