All about this trip
Aconcagua is located in the Andes Mountain Range in the province of Mendoza, Argentina, close to the Chilean border. EverTrekkers climb the mountain following the ‘normal route’ along the Northwest Ridge. The route to the summit, although not technical, is very demanding and the altitude is a serious factor. Aconcagua’s summit sits at 6,962 meters above sea level, and there is nothing “normal” about that!
We created this unique itinerary with an emphasis on solid and safe acclimatisation while maximising your overall experience. Therefore, you begin your climb in the Vallecitos Valley, which offers you the chance to acclimatise on some of the regions most beautiful and high mountains - by the end of the itinerary you will have summited 4 peaks! Cerro Loma Blanca (3664 m), Cerro Adolfo Calle (4267 m), Cerro Vallecitos (5461m) and finally, the mighty Aconcagua.
Join us on the Ultimate Aconcagua Expedition
- A unique trip designed by EverTrek taking on 4 peaks as we acclimatise slowly before taking on the Aconcagua summit.
- Climb the highest mountain outside of the Himalayas and one of the Severn Summits.
- You will also benefit from having three days set aside for the summit bid on Aconcagua itself.
- Step into the world of mountain expeditions.
- Our Team in South America have been guiding to the summit of Aconcagua for over 12 years.
The Ultimate Aconcagua Expedition is a tough and arduous trek and climb. It is meant to be challenging and the extreme altitude is definitely for the hardcore. You must be a fit, regular hillwalker to take part, used to long, consecutive days walking in the British Mountains, preferably in Winter. You should have experience of walking steep, boulder-strewn paths where the use of hands has been essential to scramble upwards over rocky steps. Previous experience of high altitude trekking or climbing is preferable, but not essential as long as you are a very regular and committed hill-walker. As this route takes you over 6000m and on winter terrain like snow and ice. Therefore any previous experience of winter skills will help massively. Our guides on the ground can go through this with you if you have not completed a winter skills course. We can also recommend some of our recommended companies in the UK if you want to complete a winter skills course before the climb.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. However, you can also view our Recommended Equipment for this trip »
Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Airport Transfer before and after the climb
- 3 nights accommodation in Mendoza
- Domestic transfers to national parks
- All Trekking permits
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All accommodation whilst on trek (Tents & Refuge)
- Experienced Local Mountain guide during the entire program – UIAGM certified
- Assistant mountain guide during the entire program from groups of 4 or more
- Climbing guide-client ratio for summit attempt ONLY on Aconcagua: 1:3 – 2:6 – 3:9 and 4:12
- 3 summit attempt days in case of bad weather or altitude issues
- Mule/horses for group campsite equipment and food in Vallecitos and to/from Aconcagua Base Camp (From park entrance to Plaza de Mulas and back – also for all the client’s equipment)
- High-quality mountain tents – 2 persons per tent on Vallecitos and Aconcagua
- Aconcagua climbing permit
- EverTrek Trip Planner & Access to the online programme
- EverTrekker T shirt & Neck Buff
- 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- International flight to Mendoza
- Argentinian Visa
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special meals
- Personal expenses including soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, and beverages
- Climbing & trekking gear. (We will help you to hire or buy these before or in Argentina)
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter Evacuation
- Any other extended trips and accommodation
- Tips for guides and staff