All about this trip
The EverTrek Ring of Fire trek in Ecuador includes the challenging summit of one of the countries most famous volcanoes, Cotopaxi at 5897m as well as trekking through some of the most remote parts of the western Andes which is rarely visited by other tourists or mountaineers. This really is a trek for the ages as you spend 13 days experiencing one of the most authentic Ecuadorian experiences. Starting in the city of Quito you will already get a taste of what lies ahead as on a clear day you can see the snow capped peaks of the volcanoes that surround the region and that's where you are heading, right into the Ring of Fire.
The Surrounding Andes offers gorgeous nature, exotic indigenous villages where you can mix with the locals and experience their way of life and learn about their cultures, all while starting to acclimatise for some of the volcanoes and high passes you will trek to. The main target is to summit Cotopaxi at 5897m but also trek through one of the most remote parts of the country visiting and staying in local settlements rarely visited by trekkers or mountaineers. The trip also includes ice axe and crampon training from some of the best mountain guides in Ecuador so you know exactly how to climb Cotopaxi and experience the breathtaking summit views.
Join us on the Ring of Fire Trek
- A unique and remote trip that offers the chance to summit Cotopaxi at 5897m.
- Visit traditional Ecuadorian villages in the remote western Andes
- Our Team in Ecuador has been guiding summits of these volcanoes and are some of the most experienced in the region offering you the best chance of success.
- We take special care of our porters & guides. They are probably the best equipped Ecuador.
- Your kit bag is carried for you, so you only need to carry a day pack
- Prices include all climbing permits permits
The 13 day Ring of Fire Itinerary is a great trip and is easier than our other Summits of Fire trip that we run. This alternative has a larger trekking section which includes some remote trekking as well as the summit of Cotopaxi. It's still a great trek where you will trek over mountain high passes, up active volcanoes and reach almost 6000m so a good level of fitness is required as well as a sense of adventure. We recommend that you are a regular hillwalker and used to hikes of over 4-6 hours. It's very handy to have experience on steep ground in a mix of terrains but you will learn everything you need to know on the glacier training day built into the itinerary.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off
- All accommodations for the 13 day itinerary
- Full-day guided city tour
- All overland transfers
- All Trekking and climbing permits
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All accommodation whilst on trek (Hut/mountain refuge/Tent)
- Filtered water on the entire trek (Save on plastic bottles)
- Experienced climbing and trekking guides and all support staff
- EverTrek Trip Planner
- EverTrekker T-shirt & Neck Buff
- Oximeter & Heart Rate Monitor– To calculate Oxygen Levels and Heart rate to help with Altitude
- 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- International flight to Ecuador
- Ecuador travel visa
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special meals
- Personal expenses including soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, and beverages
- Climbing gear (Ice axe, helmet, harness, crampons and crampon compatible boots) You can hire these locally on arrival)
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter Evacuation
- Any other extended trips and accommodation
- Tips for guides and support staff