All about this trip
We have a saying in EverTrek that life is "All About The Journey" and this trek combines this motto with our love of trekking. The Freedom Trail follows in the footsteps of the Jewish people who escaped against the odds by walking on foot over the Mighty Pyrenees.
The freedom trail across the Pyrenees takes place in the Alt Pirineu Natural Park and the Parc Naturel Régional des Pyrénées Ariégeoises. We will follow the same path the Henle family used to escape from Aulus-les-Bains in France during the time of the Nazi occupation of France. The trek takes you through alpine landscapes with high-altitude cols (Port de Guiló), lakes and valleys carved by ancient glaciers and surrounded by year-round snowcapped peaks.
The Alt Pirineu natural park is the biggest natural park in Catalonia, located in the Catalan Pyrenees, east of the famous Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici national park. It is bounded by France to the north, by Andorra to the east, and by the rest of Catalonia to the south and west.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off
- All accommodations for the 5 day itinerary
- All overland transfers
- All Trekking and climbing permits
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All accommodation whilst on trek (Hut/mountain refuge)
- Filtered water on the entire trek
- Experienced climbing and trekking guides and all support staff
- EverTrek Trip Planner
- EverTrekker T-shirt & Neck Buff
- 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- International flight to Barcelona
- Travel visa
- Personal expenses including soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, and beverages
- Climbing gear (Ice axe, helmet, harness, crampons and crampon compatible boots) You can hire these locally on arrival)
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter Evacuation
- Any other extended trips and accommodation
- Tips for guides and support staff