All about this trip
This 2-day winter adventure in the awesome Snowdonia national park is an opportunity for anyone wanting to practice winter mountaineering skills needed for peaks in Nepal like Island Peak, Mera Peak or even Mt Toubkal in Morocco during Winter. The choice of route will be weather and winter condition dependant but will be in and around The Carneddau, The Glyderau or Snowdon itself.
We have teamed up with Stephen and his awesome mountaineering skills team at Aim Higher who will walk you through all of the skills required to plan, climb and survive in the challenging North Wales winter weather. The first evening will be where you will meet the rest of the group and the Aim Higher team where you will get briefed on the following 2 days hiking and climbing. The first full day in the mountains will be about learning the basics and consolidate core winter skills including the use of crampons and ice axe with the second day focusing on winter navigation and explore some of the steeper climbs whilst also learning about winter survival including emergency situations such as avalanche awareness and how to manage emergency situations.
*If you want to get specific high altitude advice then the EverTrek training weekends in the Brecon Beacons may be the one for you*.
The 2-day course will cover as a minimum:
• Route planning, avalanche awareness and use of weather and other resources.
• Personal movement skills on snow including the use of crampons and ice axe.
• Emergency procedures and equipment
• Route choice and winter navigation
• Personal development in the winter environment.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Professional, experienced mountain guides from mountaineering experts Aim Higher
- Transport to and from locations across the entire 3 days.
- All group safety equipment included
- All hire of crampons, ice axes and helmets included.
- Shared accommodation for 2 nights in local bunkhouse or similar
- 2 days of activities and instruction
- Help & Advice on all aspects of your trek
- Having an awesome time!
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- All meals and snacks
- Any additional transport outside of the course itinerary