All about this trip
This 3-day adventure and winter skills course in Scotland takes you to some of the best parts of the country for winter mountaineering and is ideal if you're looking to climb mountains at high altitude like Island Peak, Mera Peak in Nepal or even Mt Toubkal in Morocco during Winter.
Stephen and his team know will walk you through all of the skills required to plan, climb and survive in the famously harsh Scottish weather. The first evening will be where you will meet the rest of the group and the Aim Higher team. The first full day in the mountains will be about learning the basics and consolidate core winter skills including the use of crampons and ice axe. Over the next day or so you will also be introduced to winter navigation and explore some of the steeper climbs. One of the best parts is also learning about winter survival including emergency situations such as avalanche awareness and how to manage emergency situations. The Scottish winter can be very changeable but this makes for some awesome winter conditions but the location may change based on these conditions. You will be based at either Fort William near Ben Nevis or Aviemore in the remote Cairngorms.
The 3-day course will cover as a minimum:
• Route planning, avalanche awareness and use of weather and other resources.
• Personal movement skills on snow including the use of crampons and ice axe.
• Emergency procedures and equipment
• Route choice and winter navigation
• Personal development in the winter environment.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Professional, experienced mountain guides from Mountaineering experts Aim Higher
- Transport to and from locations across the entire 3 days.
- All group safety equipment included
- All hire of crampons, ice axes and helmets included.
- Shared accommodation for 3 nights in local bunkhouse or similar
- Evening meals
- 3 Full day activities and instruction
- Help & Advice on all aspects of your trek
- The location will be in Scotland, either Fort William or Aviemore.
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- Breakfast, packed lunches and associated drinks with evening meals.
- Any additional transport outside of the course itinerary.
- Personal winter boots