All about this trip
Patagonia’s Ice Field, known as “Hielo Continental Patagonico” is one of the most unique places in South America!
The EverTrek Patagonia Ice Field Trek starts in the lush green eastern side of the Andes, and ascends through valleys decorated with deep blue lakes and gigantic rock faces, this is a real juxtaposition to the barren but beautiful Ice Field that lays ahead. Passing over into the Ice Field you will feel like you have landed on another planet! This is a cold, white beautiful world that can only be compared to Antarctica or Greenland.
This trip is also unique as there is an element of being self supported, so you will play an active part in the expedition! You will be trekking with your own equipment and each member will be carrying supplies for the group such as food and participating in making camp each night and melting water for cooking and drinking. This is a true expedition and the reward for all this hard work is travelling in this wild and remote region and seeing some of the most spectacular places on earth: the Patagonian granite spires and wind shaped ice mushrooms that will leave memories frozen in place for a lifetime!
We also have a great team of guides that will be leading the way, all have vast experience in this type of terrain and they are fully equipped with technology for your safety, such as satellite communications, GPS and medical kits.
Join us on the Patagonia Ice Fields Trek:
- A unique trip that offers the chance to be part of a true expedition.
- Witness the vast beauty of the Patagonia Ice Field.
- Our Team in Patagonia are the most experienced in the region offering you the best chance of success.
- Fully guided by our UIAGM mountain guide
- We take special care of our guides, fully equipping them with the means to provide an unbeaten adventure with unparalleled safety.
- Witness first hand the granite spires, rock faces and ice formations.
- Prices include all permits
The 11 days Patagonia Ice Field Trek is a tough and arduous trek, you will be carrying your own equipment and a share of the group supplies so you must be a fit, regular hillwalker to take part. You should have good endurance and be used to long, consecutive days walking preferably in Winter conditions.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off
- 3 nights accommodation in hotels ( 2 nights in El Calafate, 1 night in El Chalten)
- All overland transfers
- All national park and entrance fees
- Tour of Perito Moreno
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Quality mountain tents – 2 persons per tent – from day 3 to 10
- Filtered water on the entire trek (Save on plastic bottles)
- All required local and government taxes
- UIAGM mountain guide & assistant guides (Groups of 4 or more) and all support staff
- Satellite phone for communications and rescue
- GPS navigation systems
- EverTrek Trip Planner & Access to our Yetis
- EverTrekker T shirt & Neck Buff
- 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- International flight to Patagonia
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special meals
- Personal expenses including soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, and beverages
- Expedition Equipment (Crampons / Ropes / Ice Axe etc) We will help you to hire or buy these locally on arrival)
- Travel Insurance
- Any other extended trips and accommodation
- Tips for guides and support staff