All about this trip
Mount Meru is a 4566m dormant volcano that lies to the west of Mt Kilimanjaro. Meru sits at the heart of the Arusha National Park and offers you a taste of what climbing Kilimanjaro would have been like 50 years ago! It attracts far less people that its more famous neighbour so you will have a much more intimate experience with the mountain and its wildlife. Our 6-day Meru trip is a perfect add on to your Kilimanjaro trip and can be a prequel or a sequel. Most people choose to climb Mera before heading to Kilimanjaro as its offers you the chance to acclimatise on Meru and prepare the body for Kilimanjaro. We do also offer the chance to climb Meru after Kilimanjaro for people who want to bag a second summit. Although its lower in Altitude Meru does match Kili for sheer adventure and thills, the climb to the summit is steep and involves some sections of via ferrata and a trek across the crater rim to the summit which offers a stunning view of Meru’s ash cone hundreds of feet below.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- B & B accommodation at the Springlands Hotel (Includes breakfast & arrival/departure meals)
- Qualified guides & mountain crew
- National park fees
- Hut/camping fees and tents
- Tents foam sleeping pads, cooking equipment, and (Cutlery / Crockery) eating utensils.
- Rescue fees (required by the National Park)
- Pulse oximeters (Oxygen available at additional cost)
- EverTrek First aid kit
- Guides, porters, cook, waiter salaries
- Boiled water on the mountain
- Airport transfers (JRO - Kilimanjaro International Airports)
- All meals on the mountain (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- Guides, porters, waiter, cook accommodation and entry fees on the mountain
- EverTrek Trip Planner & Access to our online programme
- EverTrekker T-shirt & Neck Buff
- 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- Visa fees & travel insurance.
- International Flight tickets.
- Single room supplement at Springlands Hotel.
- Tips for Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Mountain equipment (eg sleeping bags)
- Gear for your climb, Some equipment is available for rent at the hotel.
- Items of personal nature (expenses)
- Emergency Oxygen
- Additional nights beyond the two hotel nights included
- Trip Add ons (Safari, waterfall tour, cultural village visit).