All about this trip
The Everest Base Camp Trek with Gokyo Lake and Chola Pass add on is another circuit trek in the Khumbu region. This is a great introduction to an adventure in Nepal. Taking you to four different high altitudes in the region: Gokyo RI (5,360m), Cho La Pass (5,420m), Kala Patthar (5,550m) and the base camp of Everest (5,364m), this trek to the base camp of Mt Everest with Chola Pass and Gokyo Lake offers a heavenly view of Mount Everest along with Lhotse, Nuptse, Cho Oyu and other peaks rising above 6000-8000 meter from sea level.
Our standard, 18 days Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lakes and Chola Pass trek itinerary offers something a little bit different. Trekkers can enjoy the many Gokyo Lakes, large glaciers like Ngozumba and Khumbu, Sagarmatha National Park with various rare species of plants and animals, rivers, valleys and birch pine and rhododendron forests. Moreover, trekkers can get acquainted with the lifestyle, culture, tradition and the festival of legendary Sherpas living in the villages of Lukla, Namche, Phakding, Tengboche, Pangboche, Pheriche and other small Sherpa settlements of the Everest region.
March-May and October-December are the best months to plan the Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lakes and Chola Pass treks. Moreover, if you are hoping for a deeper look into Sherpa cultural practices, then the best month is October and April for Mani Rimdhu and Dumje festivals respectively.
The package price includes full board during the trek and bed & breakfast in Kathmandu. Accommodation is arranged in a tourist standard hotel in Kathmandu and local lodges/guest houses during the trek. However, this hike to Everest Base camp with also Chola Pass and Gokyo Lakes is considerably challenging. Any of our standard packages ensure proper acclimatization, with an average of 5-7 hour walk in a day, Thus, any physically fit person, with sound health can plan this trek. The trails are guided by local guides and native Sherpas.
The journey begins with a 35 min flight to Lukla airport. The trek both begins and ends in Lukla, which is followed by a flight back to Kathmandu
FREE equipment hire on all of our treks!
Already booked on this trip? Or looking to book on one of our trips in the future? ALL EverTrekkers have free hire of our winter sleeping bags and 800 fill North Face down jacket worth £110 – Just let us know when you book and we can get these reserved for you.
You also get a FREE 80 Ltr EverTrek duffel bag to keep when you arrive in Kathmandu!
Book NOW, save money and help support a country we love. View offer details
Join us on the Everest Base Camp via Gokyo Valley and Cho La Pass
A unique trip designed by Bucket List. This circuit is one of our ‘dream’ Everest treks
Our Everest Base Camp Trek includes 2 rest days, giving you more time to acclimatise
Our Team in Nepal have been guiding to Everest since 2001. In the spring season, you can meet climbers at base camp.
You stay in comfortable lodges (or “Tea Houses”) rather than camping
We take special care of our porters & guides. They are probably the best equipped in Nepal.
Your kit bag is carried for you, so you only need carry a day pack
Prices include all permits
You can take advantage of our free duffel bag, down jacket and sleeping bag for the trek.
The Everest Base Camp Trek with Gokyo Valley is suitable for keen walkers/trekkers. However Cho La Pass is a tough and arduous climb and as this route takes you over a remote high pass, experience of having been to 5000-metres before is helpful. Those who are able to walk for 4 – 5 hours in a day with experience of walking up steep, boulder-strewn paths whilst using hands to scramble upwards over rocky steps should find this route suitable for them.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. However you can also view our Recommended Equipment for this trip »
Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast
- Full day guided city tour
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurants with some traditional Nepalese dancing and music
- Airport transfers for domestic flight
- All Trekking permits
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight tickets
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All accommodation whilst on trek (Lodge/Tea house) or Tent on request
- Fresh fruit after dinner
- Filtered water on the entire trek (Save on plastic bottles)
- Experienced Fully licensed English speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Porters (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local and government taxes
- 800 fill North Face down jacket and winter sleeping bag (if required)
- FREE 80ltr EverTrek duffel bag
- EverTrek Trip Planner & Access to online programme
- EverTrekker T shirt & Neck Buff
- Oximeter & Heart Rate Monitor– To calculate Oxygen Levels and Heart rate to help with Altitude
- 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- International flight to Kathmandu
- Nepal arrival visa
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special dinner
- Personal expenses including mineral water, and alcoholic drinks and beverages
- Monument entrance fees
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter evacuation
- Any other extended trips and accommodation
- Any Staff Tips (We recommend 10% of total trip cost)
- Additional Airline baggage costs for return flights to Lukla (only 15 kg included)