All about this trip
The Everest 3 Peaks 3 Passes Trek in the Khumbu region of Nepal offers one of the most rewarding and truly special experiences in trekking. With the first challenge being Everest Base Camp(5364m) you will then conquer the altitude of the three high passes: Renjo La (5,360m), Cho La (5,420m) and Kongma La (5,535m) along with Kala Patthar (5,545m).
The altitude and steep inclines make the hike to the 3 High Passes of Everest one of the most demanding treks in the Everest region. However, the spectacular views make the tough journey worthwhile and the experience of natural and cultural beauty offered by the Khumbu region of Nepal literally takes your breath away. Highlights also include the views of many peaks towering 8000m or more from sea level. You will see the beautiful Island Peak, a great peak in its own right for mountain climbing and some see this as a first step into mountaineering(See our peak trips for more information). The 2 glaciers, Ngozumpa and Khumbu glacier, with the otherworldly view of Gokyo valley with its glorious lakes make this a photographer's dream.
This trek is also an opportunity to meet friendly Sherpas, their picturesque settlements, lifestyle, culture and traditions. March-May & September-December are the best times to plan Everest Three Passes treks, as one can also participate/observe the Tengboche Mani Rimdhu festival and dance (October) and Dumje festival (April). Previous experience is not required; however, sound health, excellent stamina, mental and physical determination are definitely required to successfully complete the Everest 3 Peaks 3 Passes Trek.
The 19 days Everest 3 Peaks 3 Passes Trek itinerary is a guided trek ensuring proper acclimatisation with an average of 5-7 hour walk in a day. The package price includes full board during the trek and bed and breakfast in Kathmandu.
After a 30-35 min flight to Lukla, the Everest 3 high passes hiking trail continues along the train until Namche from where the trail turns west to follow a clockwise trail that passes through different small settlements, forests, high passes, river, glaciers, lakes, and hills making a complete circuit route.
FREE equipment hire on all of our treks!
Already booked on this trip? Or looking to book on one of our departures? ALL EverTrekkers have free hire of our winter sleeping bags and 800 fill North Face down jacket worth £110 – Just let us know when you book and we can get these reserved for you.
You also get a FREE 80 Ltr EverTrek duffel bag to keep when you arrive in Kathmandu!
Book NOW, save money and help support a country we love. View offer details
Join us on the Everest 3 Peaks 3 Passes Trek
- A unique trip designed by EverTrek. This circuit is our ‘dream’ Everest trek and something that should be on everyone’s to do list.
- Our Everest 3 Peaks 3 Passes Trek includes 2 rest days, giving you more time to acclimatise
- Our Team in Nepal have been guiding to Everest BC since 2001. In the spring season, you can meet climbers at base camp.
- You stay in comfortable lodges (or “Tea Houses”) rather than camping
- We take special care of our porters & guides. They are probably the best equipped in Nepal.
- Your kit bag is carried for you, so you only need carry a day pack
- Prices include all permits
- You can take advantage of our free duffel bag, down jacket and sleeping bag for the trek.
The Everest 3 Peaks 3 Passes Trek is a tough and arduous trek. It is meant to be challenging. You must be a fit, regular hillwalker to take part, used to long, consecutive days walking in the British Mountains, preferably in Winter. You should have experience of walking steep, boulder-strewn paths where the use of hands has been essential to scramble upwards over rocky steps. Previous experience of Himalayan trekking is preferable, but not essential as long as you are a very regular and committed hillwalker. As this route takes you over remote high passes, experience of having been to 5000-metres before is ideal.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. However you can also view our Recommended Equipment for this trip »
Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off
- 3 nights accommodation with breakfast
- Full day guided city tour
- Welcome and farewell dinner at one of the best Nepalese restaurants with some traditional Nepalese dancing and music
- Airport transfers for domestic flight
- All Trekking permits
- Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu flight tickets
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All accommodation whilst on trek (Lodge/Tea house) or Tent on request
- Fresh fruit after dinner
- Filtered water on the entire trek (Save on plastic bottles)
- Experienced Fully licensed English speaking guide and his entire expenses
- Porters (One porter for each 2 members) and his entire expenses
- Insurance of Guide and Porter
- All required local and government taxes
- 800 fill North Face down jacket and winter sleeping bag (if required)
- FREE 80ltr EverTrek duffel bag
- EverTrek Trip Planner & Access to online programme
- EverTrekker T shirt & Neck Buff
- Oximeter & Heart Rate Monitor– To calculate Oxygen Levels and Heart rate to help with Altitude
- 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- International flight to Kathmandu
- Nepal arrival visa
- Meals in the city except breakfast and other mentioned special dinner
- Personal expenses including mineral water, and alcoholic drinks and beverages
- Monument entrance fees
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter Evacuation
- Any other extended trips and accommodation
- Tips of guides and porters
- Any Staff Tips (We recommend 10% of total trip cost)
- Additional Airline baggage costs for return flights to Lukla (only 15 kg included)