All about this trip
The EverTrek Summits of Fire Trek in Ecuador is truly erupting with adventure! Starting in the city of Quito you will already get a taste of what lies ahead as on a clear day you can see the snow capped peaks of the volcanoes that surround the region and that's where you are heading, right into the epic 'Ring of Fire'.
The Surrounding Andres offers gorgeous nature, exotic indigenous villages where you can mix with the locals and experience their way of life and learn about their cultures, all while starting to acclimatise for summits ahead. On your way to the 6268m summit of Chimborazo you will trek around the Cuicocha lake, practice climbing with your crampons, ice axe and ropes on the Cayambe glacier and reach the summits of 3 more of the region's highest volcanic peaks. A great trekking and climbing route, offering great access to accommodation facilities with the right balance of remote adventure and support to make your trip a success.
Join us on the Summits of Fire Trek
- A unique and challenging trip that offers the chance to climb 4 of Ecuador's volcanic peaks.
- Climb a Chimborazo Peak reaching an altitude of over 6000m with spine-tingling views.
- Our Team in Ecuador have been guiding summits of these volcanoes for over 10 years and are some of the most experienced in the region offering you best chance of success.
- We take special care of our porters & guides. They are probably the best equipped Ecuador.
- Your kit bag is carried for you, so you only need carry a day pack
- Prices include all climbing permits permits
The 13 day Cotopaxi & Chimborazo Summits of Fire itinerary is a tough and arduous trek and climb. It is meant to be challenging. You must be a fit, regular hillwalker to take part, used to long, consecutive days walking in the British Mountains, preferably in Winter conditions. You should have experience walking steep, boulder-strewn paths where the use of hands has been essential to scramble upwards over rocky steps. Previous experience of altitude would be an advantage as you will be reaching over 6000 meters.
We can forward a detailed equipment list upon booking. Over the years, we have gained an incredible amount of experience and expertise in outdoor equipment and clothing. We have applied this to each trip that we offer and recommend what we believe to be the most suitable items for your trip.
What's included in this tour?
Items that are included in the cost of the tour price
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off
- All accommodations for the 13 day itinerary
- Full-day guided city tour
- All overland transfers
- All Trekking and climbing permits
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All accommodation whilst on trek (Hut/mountain refuge)
- Filtered water on the entire trek (Save on plastic bottles)
- Experienced climbing and trekking guides and all support staff
- EverTrek Trip Planner
- EverTrekker T-shirt & Neck Buff
- Oximeter & Heart Rate Monitor– To calculate Oxygen Levels and Heart rate to help with Altitude
- 15% discount with Cotswold Outdoor
What's not included in this tour?
Items that are not included in the cost of the tour price
- International flight to Ecuador
- Ecuador travel visa
- Meals in the city except for breakfast and other mentioned special meals
- Personal expenses including soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, and beverages
- Climbing gear (Ice axe, helmet, harness, crampons and crampon compatible boots) You can hire these locally on arrival)
- Your travel insurance that covers Helicopter Evacuation
- Any other extended trips and accommodation
- Tips for guides and support staff